Outsourced Company Secretarial Services - Birmingham and Staffordshire
The Company Secretary is a strategic position of considerable influence at the heart of governance operations within an organisation.
Governance or governance operations describes the way that an organisation is directed, co-ordinated and ultimately controlled…it includes the company's strategy and decision making, how it achieves its aims and objectives and ensures that all activities undertaken comply with legal, ethical and regulatory requirements.
Company secretaries need to possess broad skill sets – they need to understand corporate law, finance, taxation, governance, strategy and corporate secretarial practice.
Outsourced Company Secretarial Services for your Board of Directors
Our Outsourced Financial Directors advise in these key areas and provide support to the Chair, the CEO and the non-executive directors.
Typically the company secretary will have:
- Experience in a wide variety of different job roles across many market sectors
- Diverse responsibilities ranging from finance to strategy to vision to decision making
- A skill set that sits comfortability when working with the MD or with the board
- Skill sets that command six figure salaries
What does a company secretary do?
The specific responsibilities of a Company Secretary vary depending upon the level of the job role, the size of the organisation and the sector in which it operates. However, responsibilities typically include:
- Guiding the Chairman and board on their responsibilities under the rules and regulations to which they are subject and on how those responsibilities should be discharged
- Supporting the Chairman in ensuring the board functions efficiently and effectively
- Ensuring information flows within the board and its committees and between senior management and non-executive directors, as well as facilitating induction and assisting with professional development as required.
- Maintaining good shareholder relations and keeping the board informed on shareholders' views.
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure that the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking action accordingly
- Overseeing the day-to-day administration of the company, e.g. maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors & secretaries, organising board meetings, AGMs and preparing agendas
- Responsibility for facilities, HR, insurance, investor relations, pension administration, premises and share registration
FD Outsource Ltd provide Outsourced Financial Directors who provide